Fix The File is too large for the Destination File System:
Welcome guys. Today here in this article on our website we are going to tell about a new windows error which is “The file is too large for the destination file system
” error. If you are facing this error then you don’t need to worry about as here we are going to tell you some of the methods which helps you to fix this problem.
You need to know that this error exist at the time when you are copying large file which is large in size approx. 2 GB to USB drive or Hard Disk which is having lots of space. To fix this error, your USB drive or hard disk suggest that you need to format your disk by using FAT32 file system.
Fix The File is Too Large For the Destination File System
File is Too Large For the Destination File System
You need to know that the updated version of FAT (File Allocation Table)
is generally used for the earlier windows version such as Windows 95 OSR2, Windows 98, and also for the Windows Me. The updated version of FAT is also known as the FAT32 which is in 4KB of size and also it allow the large files which is more than 2GB of EIDE Hard Disk.
But, at present, it is not able to support the large files and this is the main reason that the Windows XP has been replaced by the NTFS (New Technology Files System).
If you are facing these types of errors then we will provide you the complete information which helps you to fix this error. So, here below in this article we are going to provide you the complete steps to fix this error. So, keep reading this article and fix this error.
Fix The File is Too Large for the Destination File System: How to Fix
Convert FAT32 file system to NTFS without losing any data.
Also Check: Ipad’s Microphone Not Working
- First of all, you need to make a click on the Windows Key + X and then you need to select the Admin prompt command.
- Now, you are required to check out that what is going on with your USB flash drive or the External hard drive.
- After this, you need to enter the command which is “Convert G:/fs:ntfs/nosecurity” in the command which prompt and then click on Enter (Make sure that the drive letter gets replace to your own device drive letter).
- Now you need to wait for the conversion process. If the above given command doesn’t work then you need to run Chksk
- After this, you need to type the command “chkdsk g:/f” in the command prompt window and then you need to click on the enter button.
- Now, you again have to run the command which is “Convert G:/fs:ntfs/nosecurity” and now it starts successfully.
- Now, you have to copy the large size files in your device before giving “The file is too large for the destination file system”.
- This process will easily fix the “Fix The file is too large for the destination file system” error without losing any data.
Format Your Device using NTFS File System
- To fix this error, first of all you need to make a right click on your USB drive and then you need to simply select the Format option.
- Now, you are required to select NTFS (Default) File System.
- After this, in the column of allocation unit size, you are required to select Default allocation size.
- Now, you just have to make a click on the Start button and then if they ask for the confirmation then you are required to make a click on the “OK” button.
- After the completion of this process, simply make a try to copy files to your drive.
So, finally we had discussed all the details related to the process of how to Fix The File is too large for the destination file System
error in a very successfully manner. Also, if you are still having any problem or query then you can ask to us by just dropping a comment in the comment section below and also if you like this article then share your experience with us by just commenting below.