Remove SD Card from Galaxy S7: There are several devices on which we can simply use Sd card like we can use it in every smartphone in a very easy and simple manner. Basically, SD cards help the users to add some more storage in their device so that they can store some more data in their Galaxy S7 device.
If you are using galaxy s7 or galaxy s7 edge then you will see that the feature of adoptable storage memory has been removed but don’t worry because you are still able to move most of the apps of your device to the SD card directly by just simply using the application management software.
So, to help you more, here in this article we are going to tell you about how to remove SD card from Galaxy s7 and Galaxy s7 edge and also you will get to know about some of the other operations of SD cards as well.
So, without wasting more time, first of all we need to have a look at the details of how we can use micro SD cards as a part of internal storage in Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. So, now you need to read this article till the end which has detailed information about this process.
How to Remove SD Card from Galaxy S7
In the marshmallow version of Android, you can use the micro SD card as the portable or internal storage. The users who are facing low storage issues were feeling after hearing this that the marshmallow will allow the users to use micro SD Card as the internal storage in their android smartphones.
In this case, Samsung says that a low-speed micro SD card will affect the performance of the apps if it was installed in the micro SD card. Also, this completely states that you can’t use the SD card as the internal storage and can’t move apps to the SD card.
Also, some of the apps are movable and you can simply move them in the SD Card and here you will get to know how you can move all your data along with apps to your micro SD card.
How to Insert Micro SD Card Card in Galaxy S7 Edge
As you can clearly see that both of the devices means Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge has a single SIM tray which you can use for SIM or either for the micro SD card. In some countries, Samsung devices will provide dual SIM (1 SIM + 1 Micro SD card or SIM) feature in their smartphone.
If you want to know the complete details about the process of how to insert SD card in galaxy S7 then you are required to follow the below given steps in a very careful manner.
- First of all, you need to power off your Galaxy S7 device.
- After this, you need to have a needle pin so that you can easily eject the SIM card tray.
- Then, you need to insert the PIN in the smartphone SIM hole and press a little so that you can eject the SIM card tray easily.
- Then, the SIM card tray will get ejected and you need to pull out the tray by using your hand.
- After this, you are required to put the micro SD card in the slot and then you need to match the shape as per the metal part that appears on the facing down.
- Now, you need to insert the SIM card tray in the slot and then simply press down a little so that it gets fully inserted in the slot.
How to Remove a SIM Card from Samsung S8?
As the SIM card and the micro SD card, both of these are located in the same tray of your device and we can use SIM card or SD card both at the same time. Now, one thing which comes to mind is how to remove SD card from galaxy S7 active?
So, you are required to simply follow the below-given steps to eject the SIM card tray of your smartphone. You need to ensure that your device is turned off at the time when you unmount sd card galaxy s7 edge from the SIM tray.
How to Move Apps to Micro SD Card in Your Samsung Smartphone?
As we told you earlier that it isn’t possible that you can use the micro SD card as the internal storage and this could be only used at the portable storage only, and you can still move some of the apps to the micro SD card. It completely depends upon the app to move to the SD card or not. So, here you need to read the below-given steps to move apps to the micro SD card in your Samsung Smartphone.
- First of all, you need to open the home screen of your Samsung device and then simply open the setting option.
- Then in the setting menu, you need to open the application and then you need to open the application manager option.
- After this, you need to click on the application which you are willing to move.
- Now, you need to simply check the storage detail that app is in internal storage or SD card.
- Then, if the app is in internal storage, then you are required to change the location of that app to the SD card.
- If you didn’t get these options then you are not able to move the app into the micro SD card.
- In this case, you are required to report the app to the app developer so that you will get a proper solution.
- After this, you are required to select the SD card then you need to make a click on the change button so that you can transfer the app to the micro SD card.
- When you are following this process, make sure to not to remove the micro SD card from your device and if you do, then it may be that your card gets corrupted.
- Also, you need to allow the complete process to get finished and then you are able to remove the SD card from your device.
When the process of moving apps gets over then you return to the storage page again. Then, on the storage screen, you will see an option of “External Storage”.
Also, you can simply check the storage of the application on the page. Make sure that when an app gets moved to the SD card then you will use more space when it is in internal storage.
Management of SD Card is Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
The micro SD card of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge can be managed only by the setting of galaxy S7. So, first of all, you need to open the setting of the device and then open the storage section.
Then in the storage, you will both the storage means internal storage and also the External storage. Also, you will see an option which says “Unmount SD Card” on which you need to make a click and eject the SD card.
What are the Problems Faced by the User When You Move Apps to SD Card in Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?
As we already told you that there are some of the limitation while we are moving apps to SD card in Galaxy S7 or in Galaxy S7 Edge which also include:
- You can only move some of the apps.
- When an app gets moved to SD card then all the files of the app and data which gets moved to SD card and not the app data.
- The storage space which gets used by the SD card is always bigger or larger than the app internal storage.
So, finally, above we had shared all the details related to the process of how to remove the SD card from Galaxy S7 and also to perform some of the other functions. Also, if you are still facing any issue or problem-related to the process of Samsung Galaxy SD Card Slot or a Galaxy S7 Not Reading SD Card then you can simply let us know by dropping a comment in the below-given comment section. We assure you that our team will help you to solve your query by providing you the best solution for all your problems.